Re: [fluid-dev] fluid-dev Digest, Vol 213, Issue 6

From: Muziker Mammoth
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] fluid-dev Digest, Vol 213, Issue 6
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 01:15:56 +0800

Found out why there's this weird interaction on the different channels. It appears the default router configuration is soft keypress on alternate channels. Not sure what that achieves, but deleting the router configuration and setting up my own helps.

So no bugs, everything's working fine.

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 12:55 AM Muziker Mammoth <muzikermammoth@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you sure that each channels are set to the same instrument ?
Yes they are the same instruments. The select commands all point to the same instrument, as can be seen by the set of commands i've posted.
> 1)Retry without feeding any command on startup
At the very least, the soundfont needs to be loaded though, and the `select ` commands need to be used because the fluidR3 default loadup has one channel set to standard kit while everything else is the yamaha grand.
> 2)Try only noteon commands only on 2 different channels(i.e 0 and 1).
I want to be able to pitch bend on 16 channels, so using 0 and 1 isn't an option. Still, using 0 and 1 seems fine, but as i said all other channels alternate between loud and soft.
By the way i use pure data to control the midi input to fluidsynth, so there's nothing on the midi end of things that will function randomly.