Re: [fluid-dev] What is MIDI driver?

From: Orm Finnendahl
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] What is MIDI driver?
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 17:57:28 +0100

Am Sonntag, den 13. Februar 2022 um 18:32:49 Uhr (+0300) schrieb Nikolay
Shaplov:

> Passing anything sensible to -p arg does not help, and does not affect error
> message.
>
> crearing symlink /dev/snd/midiC0D0 ->/dev/snd/midiC1D0 helps.

Have you tried "amidi -l" and use either the device or its name (in
parentheses or with escaped spaces) for the -p or --portname= option
as indicated in fludisynth's manpage? I assume giving a non valid name
for the -p option will result in a fallback to /dev/snd/MIDIC0D0.

In case nothing works this is actually a valid question to this list
(and or the devs of fluidsynth).

--
Orm