freeride-devel

RE: [FR-devel] Source Browser

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: RE: [FR-devel] Source Browser
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 03:31:12 -0800

Ron Jeffries wrote:
> Here is a very wild idea from my Smalltalk background: I would like to
> try a version that shows just one method (or other defined item?) at a
> time in a small text window. A Smalltalk browser typically has three
> panes: top left = class list, top right = method list for the class
> selected in top left, and bottom = method text for method selected in
> top right.

I had an idea for a variation on this...

Since the Scintilla code-editing control supports code folding (collapsing a
section of the source code down to a single display line), we could have a
method-at-at-time mode of navigation where clicking on a method name in the
navigation tree would collapse all method definitions *except* the one that
was clicked.

This is similar to what Ron is asking for, but different in that the editing
window would still show the first line of all other functions (the bodies
would be collapsed).

Curt