freeride-devel

RE: [FR-devel] Source Browser

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: RE: [FR-devel] Source Browser
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 10:22:52 -0800

NISHIO Mizuho wrote:
> Until your GUI framework is released, I will test
> the parser and fix the bugs.
> The current version of the source browser doesn't
> have the quality as the FreeRIDE's plugin.
> For example, the parser can't parse this script properly.
>
> while true do
>   $k = 1
> end
>

> Plus, I must decide which StringIO class the source browser uses.
> One is stringio.rb included in the tar.gz,
> and another is the extension library which
> we can get in Ruby's CVS repository.

I understand.

At this point I'm not too concerned about limitations in the implementation.
I just want to get something that works (even a little bit) up and running,
so that we all have something concrete to work with, modify, and extend.

If the whole thing turned out to be a temporary placeholder that we entirely
replaced later on, that would be OK, too.

Curt