Re: CID + CFF drivers available

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: CID + CFF drivers available
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 06:31:44 +0000 (GMT)

> I can't seem to get *any* OpenType/CFF font to work with ftview.
> This includes the CFF fonts that come with Acrobat 4.0, and the
> OpenType/CFF fonts available to me via Adobe's OTF beta program.

> Unfortunately, I don't know why this is the case; is there a way of
> tracing what happens when a font is opened?

Define the two DEBUG macros in include/freetype/config/ftoption.h!

In case of CFF fonts you will get the error message

  T2.New_CFF_Font: no charstrings offset

As mentioned in another mail, T2_Parser_Run() doesn't get any
reasonable results (and I don't know enough about CFFs yet to give
more hints about the reason).