Re: OpenType with CFF outlines

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: Re: OpenType with CFF outlines
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 20:30:00 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

<snip gdb bt output>

> Hmm...the problem appears to be similar to that reported by Tomas Butkus
> (regarding FT1):

<more snippage>

> In both cases, it behaves as if the allocation of a frame buffer failed
> (returning a null pointer) but the failure was not detected (even if it
> should be detected). Hmm.

Which probably would explain why things work on a Solaris box and
don't on a Linux box (not that Solaris is better than Linux): the
malloc succeeds on the Solaris box and fails on the Linux box.  And
because of the missing test (listed below BTW2), we proceed to
fandango on core...  Am I correct, or am I smoking tasty crack?

But why would there be this issue on a Linux box?  Is it a
sizeof(ulong) or ulong vs. long issue?

Enquiring minds want to know...

Tom