Re: [Devel] Adding options to the PS Hinter

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] Adding options to the PS Hinter
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 15:51:58 +0200

Hello Owen,

Owen Taylor wrote:
David Turner <address@hidden> writes:

Owen Taylor wrote:

Here's my last patch against current freetype CVS.

I don't know why, but it seems I can't apply your patch to
the CVS repository. Could you try re-generating it with
"cvs diff -urN"  ??

Hmm, did some testing and you are right, it doesn't just
apply with 'patch -p0'; I think patch must have some
heuristics that are getting confused here.

However, the typical magic CVS patch workaround:

 POSIXLY_CORRECT=1 patch -p0 < /tmp/freetype.patch

Does work for me. Just in case it was something else, I've
reattached the patch, generated with "diff -uN" not "diff -up"
and gzip'ed against mailer corruption.

Well, for some reason, I still can't use my version of 'patch'
with the file you sent. I have commited your changes, (as well
as all recent patches you sent) by hand.

I'll now look for another version of patch to install on my
machine. In the meantime, if you intend to work heavily on
the Postscript hinter, we could give you commit access to
the repository to ease things up.

Just send me a login and an encrypted password if you need
it..

Best Regards, and thanks,

- David Turner