Re: [Devel] Re: Another approach to mac fonts...

From: George Williams
Subject: Re: [Devel] Re: Another approach to mac fonts...
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 16:51:53 -0700

Thanks, I've applied your patch with minor corrections.  Please test.
Er, I'm getting on an airplane tomorrow. I doubt I'll be able to test things for a fortnight.

One minor thing:  There is a #ifdef FT_MACINTOSH block within a
#ifndef FT_MACINTOSH block -- this code is never used.  An oversight?
It's not an oversight.

The original thought was to deal with the case where freetype was compiled on a OS/X mac with gcc (a situation in which I was unable to configure things to get ftmac.c built properly). The ifdefed code is there to allow my code to read mac resource files when on the mac.

I gather the configuration problem has been fixed, so the code is not needed, but I thought I'd leave it just in case anyone wanted it.

Otherwise there should be some comment.
/* I know this section is within code which is normally turned off for the Mac. */ /* It provides an alternative approach to reading the mac resource forks on OS/X */ /* in the event that a user does not wish to compile ftmac.c */