[Devel] freetype 2.1.4 on Solaris 9: non-install of tterrors.h

From: Rich Kulawiec
Subject: [Devel] freetype 2.1.4 on Solaris 9: non-install of tterrors.h
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 14:48:23 -0400

Environment:
        Solaris 9 on Sparc
        gcc version: 3.2.2
        make version: GNU 3.80
        Freetype version: 2.1.4

Other info:
        A lot of open-source/GNU software such as flex, bison,
        etc. has been built from source and installed.  One of those
        packages is xpdf-2.02, which seems to be pretty happy with
        Freetype as currently installed.

Problem:
        I'm  trying to build gimp 1.3.14.  It requires pango with
        optional support for Freetype2 compiled into it.

        Therefore I'm trying to build pango 1.2.1.  Pango 1.2.1 has a
        configure script which appears to rely on the presence of

        /usr/local/include/freetype2/freetype/internal/tterrors.h

        to determine whether or not it should build in support for
        Freetype2.  But that file does not exist, therefore pango
        builds without it, therefore (when it's installed) it creates

        /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/pango.pc
        /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/pangox.pc

        but NOT

        /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/pangoft2.pc

        which is what the gimp build relies on to check that optional
        support for Freetype2 has in fact been built into pango.

        So the case of the missing tterrors.h out there in /usr/local
        brings me all the way to freetype 2.1.4, which I have
        built (multiple times ;-) ) but which I can't quite seem to
        convince to install tterrors.h.  I've considered manually
        installing the file but haven't quite achieved an understanding
        sufficient to tell me whether that would be foolish or not.
        I'm still reading through the various Makefiles in the source
        tree in an attempt to get familiar with them and see if clues
        can be found about this.  My hope is that I'm being an idiot
        and that after you tell me just exactly *how* I'm being an idiot
        that I'll be able to get past this.

Thanks (and thanks for Freetype!),
---Rsk
address@hidden