[ft-devel] FTGL demo problem with Batang font

From: Kevin Pang
Subject: [ft-devel] FTGL demo problem with Batang font
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 13:00:32 -0800

Hi,

I am currently running the latest FTGL and freetype libraries (versions 2.1.2 and 2.1.9 respectively) and have noticed that the "Batang" font is not rendering correctly for certain font sizes. I have attached screenshots of the FTGL demo running on my machine using the "Batang" font for font sizes 10, 24, and 30 (both the font and the font size were manually changed in the demo.cpp file).

For those unfamiliar with the FTGL demo, it attempts to display the same string of characters five times, each time using a different rendering technique. These techniques are, from top to bottom: Outline, Polygon, Texture Mapping, Bitmap, and Pixmap.

Looking at the screenshots for font sizes 10 and 24, you will notice that the Outline, Polygon, and Texture Mapped text experience a number of problems ranging from not appearing at all (Outline and Polygon in size 24) to rendering white noise (Texture Mapping in size 24). I was wondering if anyone has experienced this problem before or have any idea what is happening here. Thanks!

Kevin

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/