Re: [ft-devel] Two patches for FT

From: Pierre Hanser
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Two patches for FT
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 20:12:31 +0200

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
Though it may not be absolutly related, I think today that the same
Freetype version does not give the same bitmaps when compiled on
Linux or Solaris.  I've not redone the test recently, but I'm at
least 90% sure there were differences last time I checked.

Well, I don't have a Solaris box.  Can you do some debugging?

I'm a bit overbooked theses days, but I will try to find some time.
If you have suggestions on how to proceed...

While writing this mail I'm realizing that, as I do the rasterizing
through fontforge (the same version on both platforms), I should
first verify that the intermediate font that fontforge gives
to freetype is really the same! Or compare screenshots given by
ftview... I'll start there.

--
        pierre