RE: [ft-devel] Export services?

From: Turner, David
Subject: RE: [ft-devel] Export services?
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 16:08:20 +0200

Hi Werner,

> May I suggest that we postpone this discussion and work on fixing the
> list of exported functions first?  This seems to be a more urgent task
> to me which probably identifies other problems/benefits of services.
> It basically means the following:
>
>   . Write a script which collects all EXPORT_DEF declarations and
>     converts it to a list.

This is now in "src/tools/apinames.c". It's a small program I wrote this
weekend that takes a list of header files as input and extracts the
FT_EXPORT(..) function names, then dumps a sorted list.

it also supports the generation of Windows .DEF files, and I'm currently
working on Watcom linker directive files too.

I might change it to support a list of directory names as well, but
this is a tad more difficult since I'm going to need platform-specific
stuff to do that (ain't the std C library wonderful shit ;-)

>   . Add it to the build process.

I've added it to the Jamfiles, will look for the Make-based build system
in the following days. Everything's very experimental at the moment.

>   . Pass it to libtool's `-export-symbols' parameter.

Will do too

Regards,

- David Turner

Information contained in this email message is confidential and may be
privileged, and is intended only for use of the individual or entity named
above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are
in error, please immediately notify the address@hidden and destroy the original
message.