Re: [ft-devel] TTfautohint issues with small counters

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] TTfautohint issues with small counters
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 14:13:09 +0200 (CEST)

> Applied patch and used the -x argument and that resolved the
> issue :)

Great!

> Does it make sense to add the option (for bold fonts) to vary the
> ppem at which the x-height can be increased?  Or should the default
> simply be < 20ppem for all fonts?

I vote for a different solution (and Erik will probably agree :-)

What is now option `--increase-x-height' becomes the default, and this
option gets removed.

A new option

  --x-height-rounding=n

(also abbreviated to `-x' since I don't have to be backwards
compatible :-) changes the default value of the upper limit (15ppem)
to `n'.  If you say `-x 0', this feature is disabled.