Re: [ft-devel] [ttfautohint] stem width handling is now selectable

From: Hirwen Harendal
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [ttfautohint] stem width handling is now selectable
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 23:47:44 +0200

On 12-07-02 18:56, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> The point is that you can install the MS rasterizer DLL within
> Wine :-) Behdad says that he successfully has done this; I will ask
> him for details. [Hmm, maybe I'm wrong and he was only talking about
> the OpenType support.]

Very interesting if that can be do in wine directly. But some options are
available from play-on-linux 'configure' panel, where it's possible to
install additional packages (like GDIplus package), or change screen rendering
direct draw option (default, GDI, opengl)...
Now, GDI.exe and GDI32dll are in wine\system32, just to work 'as' windows.
That said the best way seems to use WIN directly or into virtualbox. I don't know if somebody is enough "crasy" to buy a license only for testing in vitualbox (:-])

In addition, if my mind is good, MS cleartype power toy doesn't work with Wine.

--
Hirwen HARENDAL