[ft-devel] Freetype 2.5 crash on windows 64 bit executable

From: Yuliana Zigangirova
Subject: [ft-devel] Freetype 2.5 crash on windows 64 bit executable
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2014 12:37:55 +0400

Hi everyone,
thank you for the help with the compilation of Freetype 2.5 and now one more question.
I am trying  to get my project run in Windows 64 platform.
I have compiled win 64 executable (on  Borland's C++ Builder),
but the programm crashes somewhere inside Freetype.
FT_Init_FreeType( &ft_library) returns without error,

but then the first call  to

              err = FT_New_Memory_Face( ft_library,
                          fontBuf,    // first byte in memory
                          fontLen,      // size in bytes
                          0,         // face_index
                          &face1);

ends in crash.

Win 32 executable  works  OK.

I am trying to understand which exactly line inside Freetype
causes the crash, but debugger inside Borland's Win 64 platform
works strange and I did not succeeded yet.
Could you may be suggest how I can try to debug Freetype,
so I can understand where exactly things go wrong?
What I can check and which tools use?

Thank you very much in advance,
Yuliana