Re: [ft-devel] Freetype 2.5 crash on windows 64 bit executable

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Freetype 2.5 crash on windows 64 bit executable
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2014 11:31:53 +0200 (CEST)

> I am trying  to get my project run in Windows 64 platform.
> I have compiled win 64 executable (on  Borland's C++ Builder),
> but the programm crashes somewhere inside Freetype.
> FT_Init_FreeType( &ft_library) returns without error,
>
> but then the first call  to
>
>               err = FT_New_Memory_Face( ft_library,
>                           fontBuf,    // first byte in memory
>                           fontLen,      // size in bytes
>                           0,         // face_index
>                           &face1);
>
> ends in crash.

Problems on Win64 have been reported recently, and a `solution' was
given that might work for you, too; please look up the mailing list
archives.  However, as discussed there, this brute-force solution only
hides the problem without solving it reliably.

It would be of great help if you cold bisect the git repository to
find out which commit introduces the crash.  For details on bisecting,
please see http://webchick.net/node/99, for example.

Another help is to run Dr. Memory (drmemory.org).