Re: [ft-devel] Infinality

From: Akira TAGOH
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Infinality
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 12:02:40 +0900

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 5:46 AM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
> I ask because after upgrading to Fedora 21 I can't seem to install
> it and even with freetype-freeworld the font rendering is, quite
> honestly, horrible.  Blurry and gives me a headache within 10
> minutes.

Hmm.  Then you shouldn't use auto-hinting.

The auto-hinting should be disabled by default on Fedora 21. I guess he doesn't use that unless he changes it. what I heard is, the issue was improved by changing the sub-pixel order and the hinting style to the slight...
the sub-pixel order and the lcd filter depends on the monitor, if it can be configured by the lower layer or give some information for that, that would be great though.

--
Akira TAGOH