Re: [ft-devel] Theme designs for the FreeType Website

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Theme designs for the FreeType Website
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2018 23:22:21 +0200 (CEST)

> I have changed the topbar to integrate the FreeType logo and colors.
> Please have a look and let me know what you think!

Nice!  I suggest that you remove the string `The FreeType Project' in
the top left corner, only putting the house symbol there – or maybe
integrating the house symbol into the navigation bar.

> I noticed quite a lot of versions of the logo in
> https://www.freetype.org/image/ .  Please explain how the color
> changes depending on the nesting depth, so that I can integrate it
> to the website.
>
> Currently, the topbar is by default green (#065E23) unless the
> frontmatter of the page explicitly defines the theme to be blue, in
> which case it is set to #06435E.

No particular order, IIRC.  Attached is the stuff that I've used to
generate the `fond3_*.png' files from `fond2.png'.

It would be nice to harmonize the remaining colors of the page with
the top bar also.