Re: [ft-devel] Theme designs for the FreeType Website

From: Nikhil Ramakrishnan
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Theme designs for the FreeType Website
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2018 12:07:05 +0530

Size is fine now, thanks!  Maybe we can use a nice web font for code
snippets also?  Courier is soo ugly...  I like CMU typewriter (IMHO the
best font from the Computer Modern family), but I don't know whether
there is a font server for easy access.

I found CMU Typewriter on fontlibrary.org, which does provide a server. A
little bit slower than Google Fonts, but I think the slight delay is OK for
code snippets. Addition of Computer Modern to Google Fonts is pending:

  https://github.com/google/fonts/pull/1129

Once that is available, we can switch.

I was tempted to change all fonts to CMU Serif for the nice TeX look but
it took a noticeably longer time for the font to load.

Meanwhile I've changed code snippets to CMU Typewriter.

--
Nikhil