Re: [ft-devel] Theme designs for the FreeType Website

From: Nikhil Ramakrishnan
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Theme designs for the FreeType Website
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2018 19:02:21 +0530

Mhmm, I think this is suboptimal; it doesn't look appealing to me.  I
suggest to drop it completely – we have a `Home' button already.

Done.

> Please check if everything looks fine, and if any changes are
> required.

Looks good, with some exceptions.

* The font size for code blocks looks very small to me compared to the
  surrounding text font, see attached image.

Size increased to 'large'.

* The left navigation menu with its fixed position becomes far too
  long if I press the `Expand All' button.  In particular, the
  `Collapse All' button is no longer reachable.  It seems that some
  _javascript_ code is necessary to make the menu scrollable if it
  becomes taller than the browser window's height.

Thanks for pointing this out. Used pure CSS to add scrollbar on overflow.
Also had to add some _javascript_ to prevent sidebar from overlapping the
footer.

* What do you think about `next section' and `previous section'
  buttons or links at the end of each chapter if `FreeType Glyph
  Conventions'?  If I toggle the `Nav' button to hide the left-side
  menu, there is no navigation available on the section level.

Added support for previous/next buttons at the end of page.

--
Nikhil