Re: [ft-devel] Supporting OT-SVG out of the box

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Supporting OT-SVG out of the box
Date: Sun, 12 May 2019 19:54:00 +0200 (CEST)

> I think Werner took the day off today so let me quickly jump in with
> a few thoughts that might help you until Werner is back :)

Thanks!  It's mother's day...

>> 1. We specify `svgnative' and `cairo' as a dependency, just like
>> 'libpng' is defined currently (provided it is configured to be
>> `yes' in ./configure step).

No.  We *only* specify `svgnative' as a dependency.  What graphics
backend `svgnative' is actually using should not bother us.  During
FreeType's `configure' test for the usability of the library, a
function from `svgnative' should be called that returns the library's
graphics capabilities, namely whether it can actually generate and
return a bitmap.

> I assume yes, very much so.

Yes, optionĀ 1 is the solution to go.