Re: [ft-devel] Supporting OT-SVG out of the box

From: Moazin Khatri
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Supporting OT-SVG out of the box
Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 00:00:25 +0500

It's far easier than you think.  Please get acquainted with the
`pkg-config' program.  Assuming it is installed, and FreeType is
installed also, you can easily get the necessary compilation and
linking options.  [...]

Thank you for introducing me to this tool. It really makes it easy.

No.  We *only* specify `svgnative' as a dependency.  What graphics
backend `svgnative' is actually using should not bother us.  During
FreeType's `configure' test for the usability of the library, a
function from `svgnative' should be called that returns the library's
graphics capabilities, namely whether it can actually generate and
return a bitmap.

Got it!

Regards,
Moazin