Re: [ft-devel] Accessing `ft_mem_*' from OT-SVG hooks

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Accessing `ft_mem_*' from OT-SVG hooks
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2019 23:05:24 -0400

> However, please do tell me, how do you think the SVG rendering
> library should be connected with the SVG rendering module?

Moazin,

This is how it is supposed to work
FT_Render_Glyph_Internal loops though all renderers that support
slot->format and calls
renderer->render that does 3 things:

1) checks requested render_mode and returns FT_Err_Cannot_Render_Glyph
if it is not supported
2) allocates bitmap memory
3) packages FT_GlyphSlot data and calls whatever is necessary
internally or externally to render the bitmap; it can be external
library

That is it. See src/smooth/ftsmooth.c how the renderers are set up.

Alexei