Re: [ft] Font shifting down 3 pixels

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Font shifting down 3 pixels
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 23:59:32 +0100 (CET)

> We are using freetype in the development of the software for a linux
> set-top-box.  When upgrading to 2.3.5 from 2.1.9 All the text in the
> software shifted down vertically about 3 pixels.  It is a huge job,
> maybe call it a miracle to redefine all text in the software.
>
> The font I am using is Nimbussan LGR truetype. Version 1.05

My suggestion for such problems is as usual: Please use a FreeType
demo program (from the ft2demos bundle) and test whether the effect is
still visible.  If the answer is yes I ask you to send me the
problematic font for further investigation.

> Is there a solution for this problem, or maybe I can alter the
> freetype code to display the text like before? In that case, can
> anybody tell me where this is defined?

It's the first time ever that I've heard of such a problem.

    Werner