OOo database support (was: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Bristol City Council goes open

From: Robin Green
Subject: OOo database support (was: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Bristol City Council goes open source)
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 23:29:42 +0100

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 10:31:09PM +0100, Ian Lynch wrote:
> Any serious user of databases wouldn't use Adabas, theyd connect to a
> SQL database using the mechanism built into OOo and SO for doing so.

I wasn't aware that OOo had such a mechanism - thanks for pointing it out!

As you are our OOo expert I thought I'd take the opportunity to ask:
How mature is this support? In particular, can it be used by amateurs
to create simple databases with linked tables, with simple forms?
How does it compare to, say, MS Access?

Thanks,
--
Robin