[Fsfe-uk] GPL licence untested, authors could lose their rights in UK

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] GPL licence untested, authors could lose their rights in UK
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 16:57:00 +0100

        "Michael Peeters, a partner at Pinsent Masons, the law firm
        behind OUT-LAW.COM, says warranties as to the performance and
        even the title to the software could be implied into open source
        licences by a British court."

        http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/04/10/opensource_hidden_warranties/

Happily, you can register at their free breakfast briefing to hear more
about this important issue.

(In all seriousness, they are probably right about warranties to some
extent; I would like to see a Judge imply title given a licence
though... ;)

I've asked to be let in for the 25th in London, I rather suspect the
talk will be somewhat less exciting than the "GPL authors lose their
rights!" spin.

Cheers,

Alex.