Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC's DRM Iplayer windows only

From: Noah Slater
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC's DRM Iplayer windows only
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 18:47:47 +0000

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 07:06:13PM +0100, Dave Crossland wrote:
> The lengthy discussions on the Dorset list last month resulted in some
> list members mailing Ralph (who admins the list) offlist to complain
> about the discussion, presumably because they don't know how to use
> the advanced "mute thread" features of their email clients, and Ralph
> said "the thread is now declared closed and the topic unwelcome."

The exact same thing happened on the ManLUG mailing list after about
100 or so emails. ManLUG is also unpublished. I think I'm spotting a
trend here.

> Which makes me surprised when you mentions it here, Ralph.

It's not that the subject is unwelcome, it's the discussion of it
which seems to annoy so many people.

--
Noah Slater <http://bytesexual.org/>

"Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so far as
society is free to use the results." - R. Stallman