Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC's DRM Iplayer windows only

From: Jon Grant
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC's DRM Iplayer windows only
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 17:00:05 +0000

Evening,

On 13/01/2008, Noah Slater <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 02:25:56PM +0000, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> > The recent thread on the lugmaster list to which I'm referring is
> > directly connected to FSF(E)'s pursual of the GNU+Linux moniker.
>
> You mean GNU/Linux? Why does everyone on this list insist on calling
> it GNU+Linux, even when incorrectly citing the FSF.

No idea about others, but personally I started writing GNU+Linux about
two years ago as its better English, as the slash is an: either/or
situation.

The GNU argument (for calling it GNU/Linux) mentions the GPL (as I
recall), covering many projects, many of which are not copyright owned
by GNU, so perhaps they should have campaigned for calling it
GPL+Linux if that licence is their key point. (although Linux is also
covered by GPL!)

Cheers, Jon
--
linkme: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jongrant