gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] forward bug reports to devel list ?

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] forward bug reports to devel list ?
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 00:00:50 +0100

> The backtrace file of the regex crash leads to the file
> gnome-cmd-string-dialog.c. Unfortunately I cannot use the TRACE macro
> in this file. In order to use that macro one have to include utils.h,
> after including that file a lot of error messages appear and
> compilation fails. I think this is because 'gnome-cmd-string-dialog.c'
> is still a C source code file and not C++.
> Do you have any idea what to do?
>
> koos

Yep, TRACE() macro works for C++ files only. As a workaround you can use
in c file the following macro:

#define TRACE(s,fmt)  g_warning (__FILE__ "(%i) %s\t" #s ": `" fmt "'",
__LINE__, __PRETTY_FUNCTION__, s)

It should be used in the printf-like way:

TRACE(string,"%s");

or

TRACE(pointer,"%p");

Hope it'll help,