gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] forward bug reports to devel list ?

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] forward bug reports to devel list ?
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 23:12:13 +0100

Hi Koos,

> I'm getting the impression that glib is to blame for the regex-crash.
> When looking at backtraces it is possible to see which functions have
> been called successively.
> When examining the backtrace from the regex-crash, the place in the
> code which causes the crash is preceeded by a call from the file
> libgobject-2.0.so.0. So I don't think gnome-commander is to blame for
> this.
> Apart from this I can't find any leads, as in other crashes, to find
> the problem.

This is really very mysterious to me. I still can't reproduce the crash
- although I tried it both on FC7 and Ubuntu 7.10 boxes...

Can you describe what exactly you enter in advrename dlg to trigger the
crash? Is it reproducible every time?

>From your description I can guess that the crash is not rather connected
to regex as regexes come from glibc (not glib). Maybe it's caused by
some uninitialised var?

Piotr