gcmd-users

Re: [gcmd-usr] is gnome-commander alive?

From: Magnus Stålnacke
Subject: Re: [gcmd-usr] is gnome-commander alive?
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 22:09:14 +0200

Micha wrote:
http://www.nongnu.org/gcmd/

Nice page. However, in the description i miss the fact that you can easily exctend the right mouse context menu by custom commandds/scripts/plugins
which is the main reason i use gmcd at all.
And that it is gtk-1 which means very fast on low machines.

It is allredy there:

"Rightclick context menus with the most usual file operations, plus configurable "send-to" favorite applications."

Do you have any suggestions to improve
that text? Keep it short and sweet.

I can only talk about Debian...how about notifying the Debian Maintainer Michael Vogt <address@hidden> ?

I do remember that i have mailed him about this
quite some time ago. But anyway, please spread
the word your selves, it will be more efficient
if more people do it, on their own initiative.

This project needs some vitalisation to be able to
go any further. But on the other side.. it is
allredy a very good and quite bug-free filemanager
that really works, so there is no immediate hurry imho.

by patent law on written works.