gforth

Re: GNU/GForth.org-hosted F-Droid repository for freedom-reviewed Androi

From: Bernd Paysan
Subject: Re: GNU/GForth.org-hosted F-Droid repository for freedom-reviewed Android applications written in GForth?
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2020 22:23:35 +0200

Am Dienstag, 4. August 2020, 15:57:16 CEST schrieb J. R. Haigh:
> Me too, though I also don't like downloading APKs from lots of different
> sources. I stopped using Google Play a few years ago and since then have
> only installed from https://F-Droid.org . As Bernd indicated that it would
> be difficult to get applications written in GForth included in the main
> F-Droid repository, I suggest that the GForth project hosts their own
> F-Droid-compatible repository for freedom-reviewed Android applications
> written in GForth.

Yes, that's a possibility.  F-Droid allows to add repositories, and operating
a repository doesn't seem to be difficult. Allowing third-party (free,
reviewed) apps on that repository (using the normal Gforth build process for
Android) is certainly possible.

--
Bernd Paysan
net2o id: kQusJzA;7*?t=uy@X}1GWr!+0qqp_Cn176t4(dQ*