Re: [glob2-devel] OpenGL and main map viewport

From: Joe Wells
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] OpenGL and main map viewport
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 21:30:59 +0100

Leo Wandersleb <address@hidden> writes:

> Joe Wells wrote:
>> That's interesting!  I've never tried it with OpenGL on (because I
>> don't have hardware acceleration).  That sounds like something worth
>> documenting, just to encourage people like me to check it out.
>>
>> So where does the information on the top line go?  What about the
>> mini-map and the controls on the right panel?  Do they appear and
>> disappear?
>
> :) the black area is simply some 10% transparent.

Interesting.

>>> it is rather a point to remove touch-border-to-move-viewport in
>>> windowed mode than to fix it your way.
>>
>> No, please don't remove it!  It is needed for scrolling the viewport
>> while dragging a flag.
>
> use the mmb to move viewport and a real computer. not a laptop ;)

Can you use middle mouse button to move the viewport while
simultaneously dragging a flag by holding left mouse button?

(I can't try this myself as I only have two mouse buttons and hence
get the effect of middle mouse button by using left and right buttons
simultaneously.)

Anyway, a laptop is nice.  You probably can't play glob2 while curled
up in bed with your computer in your lap.  :-)

> agreed. leaving it in is maybe a must. maybe increasing the scrolling
> area would be an option. or make different scroll regions in full
> screen than in windowed.

Maybe only do that while dragging.  I think I can see problems if the
scroll regions were bigger when not dragging: every time you moved the
mouse to the right panel control area some scrolling might occur as
the mouse moved through/into the scroll region.  But it would be okay
to have bigger scroll regions while holding left mouse button to drag
a flag.

--
Joe