[glob2-devel] Update: Core Rewrite

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: [glob2-devel] Update: Core Rewrite
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 00:06:08 -0400

3 week, several thousand lines of new code, and several purged source
files later, glob2 now compiles with my code!

It doesn't do much however. The only menu I can go into without
causing some sort of crash (other than Settings) is the map editor
with a new map. But I am satisfied with my completely broken glob2 for
now, because my code finally compiles!

I've done allot of integration work with the new code. Bassically, the
new code is there, I don't know if its being used quite right. I
haven't run the unit tests yet but they are most likely to fail. I
have done a portion of the net communication, with messages for
sending information, logging in, creating an account, recieving
updates on the player and game lists (done in an intuitive way), and
creating, joining, and removing games.

The server and client doesn't do much yet (they handle login and can
recieve updates on the player and game lists) but the infastructure is
there.

I've also commented out a few blocks allong the way, for example, the
complete Engine loop is commented out because I have yet to make the
class(es) that pump orders and hide latency, etc...

And i've purged allot of code. Anything *Multiplayer* was removed,
Session was removed. Matcher was also removed because the new unit
allocation system was written in-place. YOG was removed. I will
indoubetly need to read these at some point, but I would prefer to use
history rather than keep them in the working copy to gain dust.

There is still boat loads to do. But atleast for myself, getting it to
compile is the first milestone.

--
Really. I'm not lieing. Bradley Arsenault.