Re: [glob2-devel] Net Development Update

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Net Development Update
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 00:09:38 -0400

Another update! The net system is working! (partially). After months of work, this is finally what it comes down to: He creates a game, I join, and we played untill his explorers wiped me out.

Kieran has been a tremendous help in getting this to work, and I would not have been able to get the system working in the slightest without him. Thank you very much for your help.

Me and Kieran managed to get a game going, through the new YOG, and play against eachother. The game ran quite smoothly, after I implemented latency adjustment. Most of the bugs in the system have been fixed, although Kieran gave me a list of remaining bugs to be fixed before considering the system complete.

Transfering maps, unfortenetly, is not yet done. We spent a couple hours testing it, and I made numerous patches getting it to work but without luck. The maps seem to be getting transferred endlessly, after the file runs out, it keeps sending 0 length messages. Its mainly a logic error in my state machine, a simple bug after I figure it out.

So if you want to test, just share the map some other way before hand (me and Kieran used email). Despite some of the minor bugs, i like to consider the new YOG solid. The login screen is complete on the client end. The main yog screen is almost complete, with one scrolling bug yet to be fixed. The pre-game screen has a few bugs but is working for the most part. And in game also has a few bugs, but is working for the most part.

--
Really. I'm not lieing. Bradley Arsenault.