Re: [glob2-devel] An intriguing offer from a small group of developers

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] An intriguing offer from a small group of developers
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 13:32:32 -0400

Personally I think its a viable option. Surely I could stand for my pride and keep Glob2 separate but as far as I care:

Glob2 is GPL, marketing free, and free to download
Our names are on the copyrights and our names are in the credits
If anything happens, its them merging with us, not the other way around

We could affiliate ourselves with Unknown Entertainment. They seem to be a bunch of programmers with nothing to do, not particularly uncommon on the internet, they just found themselves a forum and a logo.

I'm not opposed that if they do contribute as a group, then we can give them credit as a group, and if they contribute lots, we can give them some extra credit (IE text on the opening image), but there won't be any advertisement in glob2.

I'm sure eventually the programmers and artists will want there own names in the credits, they will disband and anyone still interested will continue to work with us.

Still, even if its only a few months old, there are lots of people on that forum. If all they are interested is using us for advertisement (which I doubt they are), then they will contribute very little and as such will receive very little advertisement.

--
Really. I'm not lieing. Bradley Arsenault.