Re: [glob2-devel] Optimization suggestions (Map::updateLocalGradient())

From: Joe Wells
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Optimization suggestions (Map::updateLocalGradient())
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 22:54:22 +0100

Erik Søe Sørensen <address@hidden> writes:

> Joe Wells skrev:
>
>> Erik Søe Sørensen <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> I have been doing some profiling on Globulation 2, and found some useful
>>> results.
>>>
>> Thank you very much!!!!
>>
>> Please continue to do this with new releases!!!
>>
>> This is great!!!
>
> Thank you for the game - and for the warm response (each '!' counts :)!

You're welcome to the warm response.  I think it is marvelous that you
are working on profiling and speeding crucial things up.

I am not personally the one to thank for the game, as I have made only
small changes.

>> By the way, can you please write a short profiling “how to” explaining
>> what exact commands you typed to obtain this information?  That would
>> be really helpful (because on different machines and/or with different
>> configuration options different portions of the code might be the
>> worst spots, so it would be nice if other people could easily do the
>> same profiling).
>>
> Perhaps... I actually learned something additional skills in that area
> myself, doing this.
> But first I'll have to send you the latest results -

I look forward to seeing the latest results.

Can you write down a short description of what exact commands you type
to obtain the information?  Even a captured typescript of a terminal
session would be great.

--
Joe