Re: [glob2-devel] New clouds

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] New clouds
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 16:27:41 +1200

I see you have commited a fix ?? Is it worth doing another test or are you working on something you'll be commiting soon?

Your work has been awesome. Perhaps you'd like to work on other parts of the game (next to optimization, we can never get enough of it ^_^ ).

Regards
Kieran

On 9/14/07, Erik Søe Sørensen <address@hidden> wrote:
Erik Søe Sørensen skrev:

> Well, DynamicClouds::compute() is still there, so the (absolute)
> savings seems to be down at 3%.
> But on the other hand, cloud computation is done about 50% more times
> - which probably means a 50% increase in the framerate?
> Anyway, not 6x speed according to these measurements, but still
> something :-)

Okay, I think I've located the source to the majority of the discrepancy:
Measuring in game mode I get a factor of 2x to 3x.
Measuring while in the menu, however (which I did while checking and
improving the quality), I get a speed quotient of 9x-11x.

/Erik