Re: [glob2-devel] Hg cleanup status

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Hg cleanup status
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 13:08:26 +0100

On Tuesday 25 November 2008 10:22:16 Leo Wandersleb wrote:
> Stéphane Magnenat wrote:
> > What is the status of the hg cleanup of the wrongly commited files? I
> > will be in traveling next week so I would like to have useable glob2 tree
> > ;-)
>
> http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/index.cgi/Strip
> would, if aplied on 697e24c18cc6 remove this branch.
> unfortunately it would remove all the wanted changes, too.
> didn't test what happens if a new branch was created to contain
> the wanted results before stripping.
> testing is not dangerous as a backup is written automatically that
> can be restored easily.
>
> The "strip" has to be done directly on the server repo as the result
> obviously can't be a committable changeset
>
> Also all committers should avoid recommitting those changes but
> i guess that part is manageable with only a hand full of devs.

Ok, but concretely, who does what? If I understand correctly, there is not
much more things below 697e24c18cc6 than file moves? What I think is that we
could make a patch consisting of all wanted moves, and then strip the branch.

It would be nice if people feeling very fluent with hg could do this. I can
assist by uploading the result or running the commands on hg.globulation2.org

Thank you, have a nice day,

Steph

--
http://stephane.magnenat.net