Re: [glob2-devel] Hg cleanup status

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Hg cleanup status
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 15:11:44 +0100

I tried "hg strip" last weekend. I ran into a problem and didn't have
the time to fix it.

My plan was:
1. using "hg export" with the last clean revision and the most recent
revision in that branch.
2. using "hg strip" on the first dirty revision.
3. using "hg import" to get the revision back.

As you might remember, "hg export" does not store the individual
revisions unless you tell it too. I just stores the overall change
between the two revisions.
So the scheme above should do what we want.

But I ran in to a problem with the strip command.
It worked well when I stripped the revisions after the dirty one. But
when I used "hg strip" on the dirty revision, it created two new
revisions somewhere. (At least that is what mercurial told me.)

I don't know if this caused my plan to fail. Maybe I used import wrong
afterwards. I haven't used it for a long time.

Somebody else could try.
In terms of logic, it should work.

How to prevent people from repushing?
I don't know. Just hope that they don't do it.
--
Kai Antweiler