Re: [glob2-devel] Hg cleanup status

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Hg cleanup status
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 00:36:54 +0100

> On Wednesday 26 November 2008 00:12:49 Kai Antweiler wrote:
>> You are absolutely right. We ignore the undering concept - as we often do.
>> We have only a hand full of active developers. Therefore it isn't that
>> bad.
>>
>> If some users already have those revisions locally (which is unlikely
>> because they aren't in the default branch), it won't hurt.
>
> As far as I know, updating or cloning the repository does clone everything.
> So
> this is not clean :-(

I'm not sure, if you are really referring to the mail that you quote.
It is sad indeed that there is no definite way to clean the repository
of all users.
There can't be, because we don't have a central server concept - even though we
are using a central server.

In case you meant my other mail:
I use "hg strip" to clean the repository and the last clone "test2" I
used only to compare a revision. I needed an unclean repository that
actually had the tip of the branch that I cleaned still in its
repository.
--
Kai Antweiler