Re: [glob2-devel] hi

From: Valentin Lorentz
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] hi
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 01:59:05 +0100

whereis Mykake <address@hidden> wrote:

>Hi friends,
>
>I am very new to the gaming world. Been in IT for more than 15 years,
>but never in to Games.
>Also i am new to open source project.
>I am mainly in to scripting languages, but got in to c++ about 6 months
>
>back. C++ is amazing. It fits to my personality.

I'm glad to hear that (except in means your personality is... oops, no trolling
here :) )

>I was looking in to c++ good medium size open source project on Linux
>and i found glob2.
>
>Amazing game. It has most of the things i was looking for.
>Exactly: No heavy graphics, strategy based, AI driven, no
>micromanagement, c++ specific, OO driven, and Linux.
>
>Just curious to know how active this project is from development point
>of view.
>also how much active glob2 on ysagoon server?

I can provide you raw logs of connection times in the last year(s?) if you want
to use them.

>Even if it is abandoned, I can still learn a lot by browsing through
>the
>code. It is bit harder without support.
>either way, thanks to all the developers and other contributors who did
>
>a fantastic work.

As far as I can tell, the code is very dirty, and the few debugging I had to do
in order to run the YOG server was painful.
But I'm a newbie in C++.

>Foe those who want more info:
>I want to develop stock market simulation, back testing engine,
>strategy
>performance analysis, fully automated order entry management in C++ and
>
>linux.
>I have already every thing that I need is developed in non c++ and in
>windows environment. It is fully functional. It is based on array
>processing. Still extremely fast for retail trading.
>But High frequency Trading wise, it is just not there. From software
>specifications wise: everything is clear, done and functional.
>with c++,  it can not get the help of wide c++ optimization algorithmic
>
>support, libraries and so on.
>Linux, multithreading, c++ can get me there with speed.

So basically, you want to apply new algorithms on glob2's markets?