[Gnash-dev] Changing default renderer to AGG

From: Martin Guy
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Changing default renderer to AGG
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 13:00:16 +0100

Moving this over from the gnash-commit mailing list...

2007/5/31, Tomas Groth <address@hidden>:
--- Martin Guy <address@hidden> skrev:

> CVSROOT:      /sources/gnash
> Module name:  gnash
> Changes by:   Martin Guy <martinwguy> 07/05/31 10:46:53
>
> Modified files:
>       .              : configure.ac ChangeLog
>       doc/C          : sources.xml
>
> Log message:
>               * Change default renderer to agg for 0.8.0 release

Do we want to do that? I think i remember Rob saying that OpenGl should be the
default because thats what most ppl can and will use, but maybe I remember it
wrong... Rob?

I gathered there was a consensus in favour for its much better quality
rendering and to stop buggy OpenGL drivers making browser or X session
burst, which makes it unusable and makes people lose work.
On modern hardware it should run ok; speed is next.