Re: [Gnash-dev] git

From: Bastiaan Jacques
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] git
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 23:04:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 13 Oct 2007, Rob Savoye wrote:

 I think git is an option, but we still to investigate how we'd use it.

What I gather from http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/UsingGit is that
developers would have SSH access to the Savannah Git trees, so things
would work the same as they do now. Of course, you would have the option
of removing developer access and only pulling the trees you like. :)

I'm not sure I like the idea of trying to maintain two repositories.
According to the docs about git on savannah, we could import our
existing cvs tree into a git repository. So I think if we decided to use
git, it'd be easiest to just make the switch, and stop using cvs.

Agreed.

Bastiaan