Re: [Gnash-dev] Problem with Drawing API

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Problem with Drawing API
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 10:18:44 +0100

On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 09:58:41AM +0100, Udo Giacomozzi wrote:

> zl>         // lineTo(200, 200);  // with or without these two lines doesn't
> make
> zl> a difference with pp.
> zl>         // endFill();
>
> This could be a different bug. I guess the drawing API just does not
> implicitely endFill() at the end of the script, which it should
> obviously do.

Yes it is. We need to act both in ::finalize and in ::endFill
to fix the above. moveTo and lineStyle should be taken care of
(tested first of all) as in gnash we'd be creating a new path
so we either close the first (if filled) or not.

Not closing the paths is allowed with SWF-defined shapes, where
you have fine-control over fill style.
With drawing api you can't specify the side of the fill, which
simplify things a bit, in which, for example, a green square
containing a red square can't be represented with fill-sides
as you reported as an optimization for SWF-defined shapes.
I guess the renderer will just draw one shape over the other.