[Gnash-dev] Gnash plugin in WebKit and Konqueror

From: John Wimer
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Gnash plugin in WebKit and Konqueror
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 15:02:11 -0800

Hello,

In the Gnash plugin, there is a check made to check the toolkit being used by the browser (NPNVToolkit). A comment suggests that GTK2 is required, and the code returns an error if it's not set. I don't know why this is required. Can anyone enlighten me?

I commented out this check and was able to have the plugin load successfully in the QtWebKit based browser Arora. When the plugin launched gtk-gnash, there was a drawing error, the area that gnash would draw into was only the top-left corner of the space that it should. Oddly, reloading the page always seemed to make it work the second time.

When I set GNASH_PLAYER to run kde4-gnash, everything worked perfectly.

Konqueror 4.2 is another story. Here there are 2 different plugins, the kpart, and the normal NSAPI one.

I don't know how to get the kpart one seems to basically work, but there's a bug in fullscreen mode. I can look into this and hopefully solve it this week for the release.

For the NSAPI plugin, loading the Preferences or Settings dialog while downloading content leads to the plugin dying with the following message:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'gnash::GnashException'
what(): error polling data from connection to http://www.youtube.com/get_video?video_id=X2JDqB1k0Gw&t=vjVQa1PpcFOY1fPmb-rjlDpTYqP_n-am4BS4_02mh1Q=&el=detailpage&ps=&fmt=5: Interrupted system call

I think this can be fixed without too much effort, but I probably don't have the time this week.

Happy Hacking