Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Testing API

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Testing API
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 21:08:38 +0200

On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 12:07:49PM -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:
> On 06/04/10 11:47, Benjamin Wolsey wrote:
>
> > I also agree that the check API has several advantages over the way
> > you've done the tests. Sandro has already mentioned the fact that it
>
>   You don't have to use the DejaGnu API if you don't want to. We don't
> agree on this issue, and I don't think we have to agree as the "best"
> API is a matter of personal choice.

I don't think personal taste applies here, really.
One method gives you more informations with less typing,
the other gives you less informations with more typing.

Examples, for those who may be unaware, follow.

"check API":
        // output will tell you real value of 'a' if != 40
        check_equals(a, 40);

"raw API":
        if ( a == 40 ) {
                pass("some success message here");