Re: [Gnash-dev] release ?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] release ?
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 19:03:37 -0700

On 12/29/11 10:42, Chris Leonard wrote:

> I would like to make sure that any work done on the PO files hosted on
> the Sugar Labs Pootle instance are incorporated into the upcoming
> release.  It is in the nature of using Pootle that strings are entered
> or modified without necessarily submitting a new PO to the gnash-devel
> list, so I would be happy to collaborate on making sure that you have
> the latest versions prior to your release.

  I'd definitely like to get up to date translations into the release. I
just added the gettext macro to all the strings that get printed, and
updated the gnash.pot file. We should use this updated one for any
translations.

> In my experience, one of the best way to get new strings translated in
> a PO file is to announce (to the Sugar Labs / OLPC community
> localization list that a "string freeze" is in effect and that a
> release is imminent.  I would be happy to make such an announcement on
> the list if you could give me a "due date" for string submission.

  I'll be out of town till around Jan 12th, so I'd make the 14th the
freeze date. When I get back from that trip I was planning on working on
the release. Would that work or is it too soon ?