Re: [Gnash] Patch to (partially) implement Actionscript Arrays

From: Michael Carlson
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Patch to (partially) implement Actionscript Arrays
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 18:55:41 +0800

On 1/21/06, strk <address@hidden> wrote:
> Michael, I'm adding your test cases to gnash.
> Can the test be simplified to version 6 ?
> I'd like tests to be buildable with Ming and I think
> we should test version 6 things first.
>
> --strk;

I can compile it as version 6 with mtasc, if that's what you mean.
Just add a "-version 6" switch when compiling. Curiously, using the
same actionscript file but in a version 6 flash file, not everything
works under my array code in gnash. Specifically, several things that
in the test "should" come out as "undefined", come out as a blank
string, or sometimes "null". I think all of the other things work ok.

Before I start digging into this problem, is there anything obvious
you know of that might be the cause of this? Do we actually check in
gnash the version number of the flash file and behave differently
regarding actionscript? What is the big difference between flash 6 and
7? I never knew much about flash and was never a flash author before,
so I'm still learning about all of this.

- Mike