Re: Phones getting killed when using smsd

From: Jan Derfinak
Subject: Re: Phones getting killed when using smsd
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 23:13:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, Johannes Lehtinen wrote:

> Could it be that the smsd is somehow able to overload the flash chip?
> For example by continuously querying the phone memory for messages or
> somehow activating flash write while polling for messages? Or could it

Btw. it is wrong phone design if it can be overloaded/damaged by querying
for new message.
You can increase sleep interval between query in smsd source.

Pawel, recently I wrote an application with gsmlib. It seems that gsmsmsd is
able to be notified when new sms arrived without loop. It uses AT+CNMI
command for this purpose.
Do we have such function in gnokii?

                                jan